Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's off to work I go!

Started a new job this week. Thankfully it's only part-time and won't affect being able to take care of my girls. Although it certainly cuts into any creative time I ever had!
After spending an hour with HR (left my head spinning...who knew I had to make so many decisions and fill out so many forms for a 20-hour job!) and 3 hours with the person I'm replacing I came home, took some headache medicine and laid down! :) I'm starting to think work is for the birds.
This job isn't something I went looking for...kind of just fell into my lap. I've been involved on a volunteer basis with the children's ministries at my church for about 10 years. There are a few management/director/coordinator type positions that are paid, but I was happy to volunteer as a worker bee. The coordinator for the nursery age (0-3) decided to leave and recommended me. They approached...I said "ummmmmmmmmmmm...." and prayed about it for about 3 weeks. Finally decided it was where God wanted me and who am I to say no to that?! So the last 2 weeks have been interesting...the day I said yes my family got sick, including me. I haven't been sick for ages (knock on wood we are one of the healthiest families I know...don't ask me how, just blessed!). It wasn't just a cold with sniffles...full blown fevers and vomiting. In the middle of that I was REALLY asking myself what the heck I was doing committing to a job when I have a full-time job at home being a mom. ANYWAY....long story short....it was a week of wrestling with God. I'm happy to say we all came out better for it and I think this job will be fun...as soon as I figure out what in the world I'm doing!

1 comment:

ValAnn said...

Good luck with your job! If He calls you to it, He will pull you through it! That was my take when the opening for school came up... It seems like a lot, but He will give you the strength to do it!